Update Theme - ClassiadsPro
Watch Video tutorial for Theme Update
After updating theme. And plugins. On your wp dashboard. you will get a notification regarding the update data base. Please update it.
Also note if your listing levels are not working like, You can make new or edit. When you will update theme listing plugin you will get two buttons. FIX and WORKING FINE. If your levels are not working click on the FIX button. If working fine just click on WORKING FINE button.
Your Widgets will be gone as in recent release we have added more sidebars. After update you'll needs to add your widgets again.
Before updating theme and plugins
Make sure you have complete backup before updating theme and plugins. If you think might lose. Which you can do it with plugin recommended and provided with the theme "All in one wp migration". you can install it if already not installed. Go to Appearance > Install plugins
Updating Wordpress Theme
There are 4 methods to update our wordpress themes to newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bug free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with wordpress newer versions. There is no risk on losing your settings and pages. However if you had done modifictations on theme files, then they will be lost.
1. Manual Update Theme
Update The classiadspro follow steps below:
- Go to wordpress admin dashboard left menu click on Appearance > Themes > active any other theme then click on ClassiadsPro hit delete button on bottom right.
- After deleting Click Add new > Upload Theme.
- browse your theme from your directory upload classiadspro.zip latest one. and hit install.
- After installation activate the theme.
- Then go to Appearance > Install plugins > update required and recommended. Theme is Updated. make sure plugins are update correctly.
2. Manual Update Using FTP
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboad > downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free)
- Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
- Unzip the item main file
- Locate theme.zip (eg : classiadspro.zip) and unzip it. make sure your unzipping software do not create extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination : "YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/"
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.
- It will take varying from 15 to 30 minutes to replace all files. once you done login into your wordpress dashboard and go to themes select classidaspro check if version is changed.
After updating the theme. Go to Appearance > install plugins > check if any updates are listed for required or recommended plugin. Hit update.
3. Auto Update using Envato WordPress Toolkit
Using this plugin you can update The classiadspro automatically without extra steps. All you need is to follow steps below:
- Go to themeforest.net > Settings > API Keys.
- Generate an API key and store it in a text file as you will need it shortly.
- Now login into your WordPress admin dashboard
- From left sidebar click on Envato Toolkit (If you have not installed it yet read install theme section of this documentation)
- As shown in below screenshot type your username and fill the API key that you just retrieved from themeforest.net
- Save Settings.
- Once the page refreshed you should see the list of themes you have purcahsed.
- If there is a new version available you will get the "update Automatically link (see below screenshot)
- Once clicked, theme will be updated to the most recent version.
4. Update Through Wordpress Admin Panel
- For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme. (eg. classiadspro.zip)
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Appearance > Themes.
- Still within the Themes section, on header tab, click on Install Themes, then on header second tab click Upload.
- Click Browse... and locate the new theme file. (eg. classiadspro.zip)
- In the Upgrade existing theme? option choose "Yes" from the dropdown list.
- Click 'Install Now'.
- Click 'Activate'.
Update Required and recommended Plugins
After updating theme when you'll activate theme it will automatically redirect you to the updates plugins. If it won't you can check for updates in WP > Appearance > install plugins
Our provided required and recommended plugins will be listed here if not not install, active or needs to be updated.